AVIC411.com

Navigation Guide Voice

I'm sorry if this subject has been posted before, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. My question is this:

While listening to music, will the Z1 automatically dim or mute the music when getting navigation instructions from the guide voice? Also, I know on units like the TomTom Go that you can configure audible alarms when certain POI's approach like gas stations, banks etc. Is this possible with the Z1 as well? One last thing, are there more than one voice "type" to choose from with the navigation voice...like male or female...or English or American accent? Again, the TomTom Go has this type feature.

Thanks!
[quote name="tridentnyc"]I'm sorry if this subject has been posted before, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. My question is this:

While listening to music, will the Z1 automatically dim or mute the music when getting navigation instructions from the guide voice? Also, I know on units like the TomTom Go that you can configure audible alarms when certain POI's approach like gas stations, banks etc. Is this possible with the Z1 as well? One last thing, are there more than one voice "type" to choose from with the navigation voice...like male or female...or English or American accent? Again, the TomTom Go has this type feature.

Thanks![/quote]

The Z1 will automatically dim or mute the music while giving nav. instructions. It will not give audible alarms, and there is only one voice that I have found that you can choose from. Although I believe you can choose between english, french, or spanish for the language...I am not positive though
Guest IcePegasus
My Voice Guidance doens't work at all. When it come to the point that it should say some thing.. it will dim down my music. but no Voice Guidance at all. I don't know is that my unit is BAD or something that I did not set it right. I check, I did not mute it.. and I have the Voice Guidance Volumn up to the Max.. Need help.. Anyone knows why ???