AVIC411.com

Be patient. XM announced at CES early this year that they will expand their WxWorx service to include aftermarket weather receivers/tuners for their satellite radio service. Don't know if Pioneer will actually build an AVIC-compatible one, but XM will be offering the weather service to individuals real soon. If I can find the press release I will post it here.

• 2 months later...

Wow NOAH style info. That is cool and would be nice but the price is kind of high. Am I reading this correct? $100 for setup then $100 each month, then it is $7 more for radio. That is over $1200 a year for weather maps! :shock:

I would think a few different packages would be a good idea. Less $ each month for less weather maps and info.

http://www.xmradio.com/pdf/existing/weather/grd_subscription_pkg.pdf

• 1 month later...

I have xmwx on a Garmin 376C and it rocks. The prices are misleading as they try to upsell the most expensive services- the "mariner" package for fisherman has a lot of good info and is a lot cheaper per month. The hardware to run XM wx on laptops etc for weather chasers is still big money- a solution that would work with existing popular NAV units is a no-brainer, but isn't as simple as just an RCA input kinda thing because it has to overlay over the NAV screen.