Software Hack for the Z2

Here is the info from my order

CNDV-700HD

Navigation Software Updates 1 $250.00 Shipped: 07/17/2007 1

Net Subtotal $250.00

Shipping $11.99

Taxes $20.63

Total Price: $0.00

You will be happy to know that the DVD that you have coming will solve your bypass. How did you get it for $0.00???

Just got off the phone with Pioneer from ordering the new map update. Boy, the right hand there has no clue what the left hand is doing. First girl had no clue about where or not this map update would also update the changes made in the Z2. She thought it was maps only and had not heard of any other possible update. Had her transfer me to Customer Service and that individual did not know anything either. I also wanted the fix disk for the bluetooth issue. He couldn't tell me if it was included in the map update or not, so he sent me to Parts. She told me that the maps update was just that - just maps. She's sending me the fix disk. She told me that there will be another upgrade out that will upgrade the z1 to a z2, but it will not be available through Pioneer directly. you will need to get it through a Pioneer dealer and they will need to install it for you (same as we had heard earlier). She didn't know when that would be available, I would have to check with my dealer.

I have been getting the same from Pioneer.

When I asked:

"Is there an update disk available for the Z2. If so what is the part number? and how much does it cost?"

They Responded with:

"Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

We don't have anything available for the Z2 at this moment.

Thank You,

Ramon

Customer Service Representative"

Funny this guy "sparqui" has already installed it and it did both maps and updates, and my version coming tomorrow shows as upgrade.... hmmm...

I think you did not get anyone who knew what they were talking about...

I hope your right! As I stated earlier, those guys at Pioneer are totally in the dark it appears. It's impossible to find two people that knows the same thing or will give you the same answer. :(

I just called my local dealer and they know nothing at this time, but wll look into it for me.