AVIC411.com

Installation Cost

I took about 8 hours to install the Z1, Sirius, iPod, and the reverse camera but I did it over two days over the weekend. I virtually no experiance besides installing my amps, subwoofers, and new speaker wire for the stereo and speakers I had "professionally" installed.

I just couldn't see paying anyone to install it because it would be at least 4 hours for a pro to install all that and I wanted to make sure they didn't do anything shady like they did with my first radio (they put the Sirius unit under the head unit, causing it to fry out about every 3 months from the heat.
Guest Lou Nasty
[quote name="jmoney715"]10 hours for total install is a little excessive if you ask me. honestly i never even installed a navi before and it only took me about 2 hours...[/quote]

What type of tools did you use? And also where did you get them?
Guest Lou Nasty
[quote name="Monirul79"]I did mine at BestBuy for $200 incl all the harness n materials. Also its guaranteed for life on the installation.[/quote]

Thanks, I feel safe doing the Best Buy deal
Guest Lou Nasty
[quote name="In2Deep"]Got mine installed at Al and Ed's in Temecula, CA. Give them a call ask for Travis and let them know you want a good deal for the install, he'll hook you up.[/quote]

Thanks for the hookup. I will definately give them a call
  • 2 months later...
abt in illinois quoted me 700 for install of the z1, amp, 6 speakers, blue tooth, backup camera, and the thingy that keeps your steering wheel controls working. they said 12 hours estimated install time with those things. they are the best for customer service, so i know it will be done perfectly and is guarenteed for life.

i was in their garage, which had like 5 or 6 bays. cars they were working on at the time included a viper, hummer, and anything else pricey you can think of.

for the piece of mind, i think it is worth a little more.

and they are an authorized pioneer dealer store (not just on line) and i got the avicz1 for $1615. granted with my alpine components in the front, alpines in the rear, blue tooth, backup camera, and alpine amp with install and parts its costing me $3900. but it will be sweet.