AVIC411.com

Upgrade for Pioneer HDD Navigation System(AVIC-Z1)

CNDV-700HD - Upgrade for Pioneer HDD Navigation System(AVIC-Z1)

When installing the new upgrade for the Z1, will it overwrite previous modificatins that allow you to watch DVD's?

yes it will you have to do the 2 wire bypass, I just finished mine today. it's the connector pin on the bottom right side from the back blank slot. ground it and your good to go.

This is very exciting. I have a newer Z1 bypassed with the 2-wire method and have been waiting anxiously to see if I'd be able to upgrade without losing the bypass. So glad to see that it works.

Thanks all!

not neccessarily. If you already have the 2 wire bypass for post 7/06 or the bluetooth update, it wont affect it at all, and you will have the newer maps/
  • 2 years later...

Pioneer Support told me if I do the upgrade, with the 2-wire bypass in place, I most likely will damage my unit beyond repair. The claim I would have to "uninstall" the by-pass.

So once again, has anyone out there who has a AVIC-Z1 with the 2-wire bypass in place, successfully updated their unit with the lastest maps.

Pioneer Support told me if I do the upgrade, with the 2-wire bypass in place, I most likely will damage my unit beyond repair. The claim I would have to "uninstall" the by-pass.

So once again, has anyone out there who has a AVIC-Z1 with the 2-wire bypass in place, successfully updated their unit with the lastest maps.

YES, YES, YES. This has been done hundreds if not thousands of times.