AVIC411.com

Question on upgrading a Z1 to Z2

I have a quick question guys. I have read all of the post and maybe I am missing this so hear goes. I have a Z1 that has the two wire bypass and all is working great. If I run the upgrade disc to make my Z1 a Z2, will the bypass continue to work after the upgrade or will the two wire bypass have to be redone? Just trying to find out in advance. Thanks.

ur fine just update

If this is so why are there so many posts that state otherwise. I too am in the same boat as my update discs were sent last Thursday and I don't want to update if it will kill the bypass.

When I decide to update I will save my code and post or pass on the requested information.

On another note when I called to order the discs the lady that took my order asked my how I heard they were available since they were not available online yet. Said she was doing her own informal poll and she snickered when I told her Avic411.com and said that was pretty much the answer she was getting.

so, just so I understand and I have read all the posts, for the Avic-Z1 people,

all Avic-Z-1's are by-passable after this update using the 2-wire method?

no matter what month/year Z-1 you have and even if you didn't do the Bluetooth update?

so, all you have to do is do the update, and the 2-wire by-pass and your good to go, correct?

ur fine just update

If this is so why are there so many posts that state otherwise.

Link to posts?

I read pretty much every post and have not seen any of them state that the unit is not bypassable with the Z1->Z2 update.

I thought I had read several reports both ways in this thread "The Final AVIC-Z2 Bypass- Look no more!". However, I more than happy to see a definitive answer from respected members of this forum and will not hesitate to update upon receipt of discs.

I will post my results upon update, thanks!

I thought I had read several reports both ways in this thread "The Final AVIC-Z2 Bypass- Look no more!". However, I more than happy to see a definitive answer from respected members of this forum and will not hesitate to update upon receipt of discs.

I will post my results upon update, thanks!

Yes, but those had nothing to do with upgrading the Z1.

Hyperite, thanks for your replys. Do you know if you have a Z1 and already have the two wire bypass, when you run the upgrade to the Z2 will the existing two wire bypass continue to work, or will it have to be redone after the upgrade?

What exactly do you mean "redone"? Do you have to wire it AGAIN? Umm....no.

I think your question has already been addressed.

I think people are confused because of speculative posts that were written BEFORE the update disk actually came out. The prevailing opinion before the disk was released was that the update would prevent all bypass methods (including the two wire bypass) from working.

This has turned out not to be the case - much to the relief of all Z1 owners, I would imagine.

Just wanted to throw this out there to explain why people may be seeing posts which say both things. Check the dates on the posts and oyu will see the latest ones - the ones where people have actual experience as opposed to guesses - say that the two wire bypass works after the update.

This has turned out not to be the case - much to the relief of all Z1 owners, I would imagine.

Right, that is why there was a delay in releasing the upgrade disc. They changed it just like they changed the Z2 software.

Nobody would have bought the upgrade disc if it would disable the bypass.