AVIC411.com

What type of DVD can you use to copy the navi DVD

I am not sure if this question has already been asked. When making a back-up copy of the Navi DVD I understand you need a Dual layer DVD as you need to store about 7 GB of info. However, do you need to use a DVD -R Dual layer DVD, or will a +R Dual Layer DVD work? The reason I am asking is because all I can find in the stores are +R Dual Layer DVD's. I am not even sure if -R Dual Layer DVD's are available.

So only DL works? And what program is best to make an backup?

Use Nero, or Alcohol 120. Personally I always use nero. If you want to play it safe, make an .iso of the CD first, then burn it.

If you going to use store bought media, cntrylvr79 is right, i would use memorex, or verbatim.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, probably so. Is it a acronym for saving a copy/image of the file/disk to the pc? I haven't burned many cd's in the last 3-4 years as now that I have an iPod I really don't need to anymore.

However the good news is I was able to successfully burn two copies of the Nav CD on my 1st go at it. I then tried them in the D3 and thy seem to function fully.

I used alcohol 120% and it worked great. I initially tried with Sonic, but for some reason it wouldn't read the DVD DL + R I inserted in the drive (Fuji Film 8.5G), I kept getting an error "no disc in drive" etc.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

I googled this guide to DVD media quality. Verbatim is a good suggestion.

Where are you guys buying your media? I went to a local pc richard and son and a radio shack and couldn't find good quality media (bunch of low-rate dvd+r making companies). There's a best buy, but it's a good distance away... according to the website they don't carry good quality dvd+r's either, but maybe their entire store inventory isn't on the website? maybe i'll try online, but for something so small i'd rather just go out and buy it.