AVIC411.com

try this as a test for the mic to cut off the high frequiences. Move the mic to above your visor. Get a thin fabric like a sock or thin piece of linen. Put it over your mic and try a phone call. This will let me know if the mic is too sensitive also make your music completely mute during calls in the av settings

covered it with a thin piece of cloth, moved it back up to the windshield.... made 2 phone calls. 1st one, my dad could hear like 1 out of every 5 words he was saying... but then the louder he talked, the worse it got

the 2nd phone call was to my brother who i have used as my "call test dummy" throughout this whole thing.... said it has gotten "a little better" but not much, he hears every other word he says

You turned the volume down on the deck and the phone, and its still loud? You using a bose adaptor?

I uploaded that bluetooth fix, i reset my system and turned everything down like suggested, re-paired the phone.... absolutly no progress. Still loud as crap, still echoing like a stadium

I'm getting my money back for the bluetooth, it's worthless

Unless anyone else has any friendly suggestions

i have the bose system yes. I had everything professionally installed.

I turn both the Z1 "phone voice volume" and the "ear piece volume" on my phone all they way to their lowest settings... still loud

makes NO sense

with the phone voice volume, if i turn it down to 0 bars, nothing... if i put it to the first notch, it's as if i turned my radio up volume 5 or 6... thats how loud it is

and i keep reading all of these other posts of people saying... they used the level 3 reset and that bluetooth fix and it works perfectly now... and that's pissing me off

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I personally have tried several different mics at different locations with or without patch and resetting and lowering volume..... still the other end has echo.... The BT unit is going bye-bye this weekend and being replaced with a Parrot kit.... my 3 year old Motorola BT kit WAY outperformed this afterthought of a BT unit!