AVIC411.com

MY Z1 ARRIVED!!!

Hey Guys,

My Z1 was delivered today. It is a referb unit from an online store. I am wondering what bypass to use and was hoping for a newer unit but the build date says 6/06... Does this mean that the two wire bypass won't work and I will have to do the light flash bypass? Also, on the box it says AVIC-Z1/B

Does this mean it is the updated unit that the two wire bypass will work?

My Z1 had the old software on it. I was getting the parking brake error and the nav controls would not work. Did the update and all is well now. I do still get the error when I start up but once the error is cleared I can use nav controls and view video.

Best buy did the install and they did a pretty good job of it considering I have a 03 f150 and they don't have a true double din setup. He had to pull the whole dash apart in order to get the unit installed so it could not be easily removed. The only problem is they forgot to hook something in the dash back up and not my ac only blows out of the defroster vent. I gave them a call and they are going to fix it tomorrow. They also did not hook up the illumination signal cable so at night the unit is WAY too brite. I asked them about that and they said they would take care of that tomorrow also.

At this point, I only need to find a bracket that will fit along each side of the unit because the mounting kit bezel would not fit. I will probably have to fab something as I am sure I won't find anything off the shelf. I also need to shave the part of the dash that surrounds the radio as it doesn't quite clear when the z1's face opens. It opens fine, you can just see that it scrapes a little. Anyway, all in all not a bad experience so far and if BB will fix the remaning issues I will be a very happy camper.

Thanks guys for all your advice!!

• 2 weeks later...
My Z1 had the old software on it. I was getting the parking brake error and the nav controls would not work. Did the update and all is well now. I do still get the error when I start up but once the error is cleared I can use nav controls and view video.

reset your system. Search in forums for the "know how" :) it will reset that error so you don't have to see it everytime your system starts.

reset your system. Search in forums for the "know how" :) it will reset that error so you don't have to see it everytime your system starts.

I searched for "know how".. no results. Is there really a way to get that message to go away?

i thought he said they did a pretty good job. sounds like his standards arent very high considering all the things that still have to be done :D

Standards must not be to high. BB did and installation on my 2007 Chevy Trailblazer and while trying to install the motion sensor, they broke my center console w/ AC conctrols. Before that, they broke a chip the is down by the shifter and had to replace that also. All and all, I paid 350 for my alarm and remote start and installation. Their insurance company has had to pay me $150 for the chip, and an addtional $590 for the center console to be relplaced and installed.

I bet they will think twice b4 they attempt to install anything on a Trailblazer again.

I must admit though, in the end I was happy, especially when that $740 check came in the mail!!! :lol::lol::lol:

i didn't mean search for the words "know how" i meant do a search for reseting your system. i've seen it in the forum before because i had the same issue. once your reset your system it goes away. It may be just taking a paperclip and pushing the reset button on the left hand side.. i think that might do it.. but if not just do a search.

**EDIT**

This is if you have updated your Z1 and have correctly did the 2 wire bypass. If your Z1 is not updated or you are not doing the 2 wire bypass then when you reset your z1, the error will come right back.