AVIC411.com

B6 (2002) Audi A4 Trim Kit

hrmm, i did this install this week, it looks good but not as good as the top pic does, problem i have is my trim ring sticks out from the dash, its not all tucked in like on the picture, its like you would need to get the cage to sit further into the dash but its in as far as it will go, anyone have any clue what this guy may have done to make that work? he also somehow utilized the chrome lower trim piece from the factory stereo it looks like

hrmm, i did this install this week, it looks good but not as good as the top pic does, problem i have is my trim ring sticks out from the dash, its not all tucked in like on the picture, its like you would need to get the cage to sit further into the dash but its in as far as it will go, anyone have any clue what this guy may have done to make that work? he also somehow utilized the chrome lower trim piece from the factory stereo it looks like

I saw that too. I think he cut part of one of the trim pieces so that the smaller piece could sit farther back in the larger piece. Were you able to get the outer trim piece to fit without breaking off the tabs?

yep didnt break anything, only cut out the center bar in the kit using a hacksaw blade, it looks good dont get me wrong, just whoevers that is looks better, i think maybe its a diffrent dash kit, because that chrome trim on the bottom is part of the factory stereo itself. i would like to know who's car that is so i can ask some questions on that.

yep didnt break anything, only cut out the center bar in the kit using a hacksaw blade, it looks good dont get me wrong, just whoevers that is looks better, i think maybe its a diffrent dash kit, because that chrome trim on the bottom is part of the factory stereo itself. i would like to know who's car that is so i can ask some questions on that.

Let me know if you find out. I think he's on Audizine.com. Try a search if you want.

• 1 month later...

Yeah the guy with the B6 with the D3 installed, I took that picture off of AZ. dumptyhumpty I'm pretty sure you're name looks familiar around AZ (I post under the same name - has6) I got the install done like last month but I never got the middle trim piece to fit flush, it's so goddamn frustrating because I'm sort of OCD and it looks nasty riding around with no trim piece. I like how he incorporated the OEM metal bezel on the D3 but first things first, I want to know if there is another way I can get my hands on that little trim piece again. Let me see how your D3's look on a B6 (i'll get my pics in soon as well) Thanks guys!

Yeah the guy with the B6 with the D3 installed, I took that picture off of AZ. dumptyhumpty I'm pretty sure you're name looks familiar around AZ (I post under the same name - has6) I got the install done like last month but I never got the middle trim piece to fit flush, it's so goddamn frustrating because I'm sort of OCD and it looks nasty riding around with no trim piece. I like how he incorporated the OEM metal bezel on the D3 but first things first, I want to know if there is another way I can get my hands on that little trim piece again. Let me see how your D3's look on a B6 (i'll get my pics in soon as well) Thanks guys!

Yeah I think i've seen you around. I'm one of the guys with the Supercharged 3.0s.

Right now I don't have any trim pieces on my d3. I ended up breaking the bigger trim piece and i'm going to reorder it soon. This time i'll be a little more careful. When I get it all cleaned up i'll post some pictures.