AVIC411.com

If properly hooked up, the AVIC will not blow your light fuse.

I have an Avic D1 and my screen goes to night colours when the headlights are turned on. I never had any fuse problems whatsoever.

I love how it switches btwn the day and night colours automatically when you turn your headlights on, that is one very important feature. The Avic would be a bloody spotlight in your face at night if it was in day colour mode!

As for the VSS, hook that up too. It improves accuracy and continues to track your vehicle when satellite signals are intermittantly lost (caused by tunnels, tall buildings in a city, heavy trees over the road, comets whizzing by the earth, etc).

Ok so I went to best buy today and they said the only reason they didn't hook it up was because it would blow the light fuse. Is this true, is this happening to anybody else?

OMG! That's funny! Blow the light fuse...good one! :lol::lol::lol:

I had the same problem with the contrast of the screen , turned out that the illumination wire was not connected, so i got it hooked up and now when i turn my head lights on the screen darkens to nice easy on the eyes level and when i turn my head light off like in the day the screen brightens up. ( note i don`t think the illumination works in the auto head light mode) but i could be wron , it just does not work in my 2004 yukon.