AVIC411.com

bypass works for short time then problem

ok i just installed my d3 in my 05 sierra i did the bypass and everything was great so i took off on a drive to check it out well about 45 min into a movie it came up with the screen saying my parking break lead is connected inproperly or something like that i clicked ok and it would not let me watch the movie anymore it just had the note about viewing from the drivers seat is not permitable or what ever, so pulled the unit out to check if i had any loose connections, everything looked good including the pin. so i next clicked the reset button on the front of the unit. i went threw and adjusted all my settings again and put a dvd in, no problem until that dvd got about 45 min into it and it did it again. any ideas on what i did wrong or need to do. thanks

Zach

ok...so i'm having the same problem...at first i did a "soft" reset. it did it again and now i'm trying the "hard" reset meaning i pressed the reset button while the unit was powered. have you tried both reset options and still had a problem? I have an 07 civic which is not fun to keep taking apart. the pin feels like it is really snug so i hope the hard reset will do it for me. any ideas anyone?

first i would double check the connection. if problem persists check the ground wire and make sure no resistance is in the wire. if those 2 things check out hook the parking brake up properly and make sure it plays past the 45 mins. you can also go into the nav menu and check connectivity status.

• 4 weeks later...