AVIC411.com

Recent D3 intall

I just got my car back from the audio shop. Got the Avic D3 installed in my audi, with BT, XM, XM navTraffic, Ipod cable. I had intructed the intalled to preform the bypass and even printed the instructions form this forum for him to follow. Well when i picked up my car the bypass was not working. I returned to the shop today and was told that the employee who did the install was not told to do the bypass. Now they are telling me it will take 2 hours to uninstall, bypass, and reinstall. Should i be askinf for this to be done for free? Because i certainly dont feel like i should be paying for another 2 hours of additionall labor. TIA

O yeah, and other than the bypass not working i love this unit!

If you think you can handle it, i would tell you to do it yourself. The install shop may not want to take responsibility in the event that something happens because you were driving and watching a movie at the same time. Honestly, when I did my install, it took about 4 minutes for the install and about 20 minutes to take my dash apart and put it back in. The bypass is not hard at all, the question is how difficult is your dash to take apart.

Looks lie the abs panel is held in by either strip cauk(dum dum-what installers call it), or silicone/pressure fit. You have a pretty easy audi. I wouldn't doubt that behind that panel, its either held in by a set of metal brackets, or a standard doubledin cage. If you wanna attempt doin the bypass yourself, you should be able to pull it off.