AVIC411.com

D3 NAV Question HELP!

I just cant figure out why those who want to navigate the same route day after day and seem to know exactly where they are going seem to want to bash one of the better and least expensive units on the market. Navigation is meant to aid you in finding an unfamiliar destination, not drive you to work every morning. Maybe you should try its routes. I used to think my "backroad shortcuts" were the fastest way to various points here locally, but my D3 seems to know the fastest route.... Yeah i have had traffic problems at times but i just detoured around and it kept rerouting me to my destination. And yes it does do "breadcrumbs" its in your route options. Maybe you should read your directions before you bash a unit. This is a far better product than my N2 which was a 2000.00 unit. And way better than my friends TOM-TOM.

I called Pioneer and they said it doesn't do ("breadcrumbs" it's in your route options)

Enlighten me after reading the manual twice a-hole = )

I love people who say this unit is the stuff! I have spent at least a couple of grand in car sterios over the last few years and in no way did I feal like I skimped to buy something of lesser money only to find out it's not that great; even compared to a $1800 Kenwood setup that I just returned that was a Garmin and it had a memory card that I could upload custom routes to and it would take me there. (BTW the unit was DOA Flip Motor Mechanism) (hince buying the D3 for dual din instead of flip)

I love forum peeps...

Ok I wasn't going to respond to this but after reading till the end I changed my mind. First of all, getting your answer form Pioneer is hit and miss. It wouldn't be the first time they have given incorrect info on their units, and in this case they have done that again. Now, what you can do is create your own route using waypoints but it will only allow you up to five per route. It also memorizes every destination in the DESTINATION HISTORY section of the unit which you can pick from again at a later date.

cntrylvr79 That page is on 73 and 74 of our manual; I will let you know if that works; it's roughly 2 sentences and it's on or off? How can it store a million dots? = ) Not sure this is what I need and hate to think Pioneer is that stupid to say the z model was the only model that offered it.

Thanks though, I will try it today and get back to this thread.

VBLUE42 I appreciate your post that was what I was thinking…= )