AVIC411.com

changing boot image on Z2?

Hey guys, first off I wanna thank everyone who worked on the Z2 bypass. I put mine in on thursday, and drove over 1000 miles since with no problems. Now I am thinking about changing the boot image, which I remember seeing a thread on it before. The only one I found on this topic involved copying the nav disc, but the Z2 does not have a disc. Is it possible to change the boot image without unlocking the drive, or buying a nav disc?

Hmm....changing the boot screen must be a Z2's new feature.

Yes it is a new feature in the Z2, but I think it allows you to put a new background image, but still puts some pioneer text over top of the boot background you choose.

Can't do this on the Z1's.

Not without unlocking the hard drive and editing the files, I did this a year ago and love the fact it doesn't say "pioneer" when it boots up.

So the update DVD will include all those features of a Z2 right?

Yes, it will make you Z1 into a Z2.

• 4 months later...

I have changed all my display backgrounds to pictures that highlight my Chevrolet HHR.

Be sure and use something like Roxio Software to copy the images to a CD-R. Then just go to the screen to change them, shove in the cd and it will inhibit the function to upload to the CD. Works pretty good.

There are a lot of nice JPG's on this website if you search for them.