AVIC411.com

XM for free??? ..... and I still don't have VSS

Ok, so I know this thread should probably go under the XM forum, but here goes....

I bought a gex-p10xmt refurbished off of ebay and had it installed at circuit city today....when I got in my car, I had XM radio already working.... is that some kind of preview or am I getting someone else's signal from the refurbished radio??? I just wasn't expecting it to work until I called XM and purchased as subscription.

Thanks!!!

PS - Circuit City still didn't hook up the VSS correctly!!! I asked them, again, to check the connection and even printed out the directions from this site, but still....SIMPLE HYBRID shows up under my 3D calibration screen. Any chance I have a faulty unit???

if your only getting certain stations then its the preview. if you get all the stations then its because a lot of times when you transfer service from one unit to another they never actually de-activate the old one. so enjoy it for free while you can

even with the speed sense hooked up you will have to reset the three parameters on the diagnostic screen to re learn. but if your speed pulse still reads 0 when your moving, then they didnt hook it up

SWEET!! Looks like I have XM for free!!!

Speed pulse still says big ZERO.... I did reset the speed pulse and the learning status....what is the 3rd thing I need to reset?? I'm looking for any ideas right now.... I am wondering where can I go from here??? I've been back to the Pittsburgh Circuit City 5 times now....Should I go somewhere for a second opinion???? and if they hook it up properly, should Circuit City refund me the install for my AVIC?? This VSS issue has been lingering since I bought my AVIC....

SWEET!! Looks like I have XM for free!!!

Speed pulse still says big ZERO.... I did reset the speed pulse and the learning status....what is the 3rd thing I need to reset?? I'm looking for any ideas right now.... I am wondering where can I go from here??? I've been back to the Pittsburgh Circuit City 5 times now....Should I go somewhere for a second opinion???? and if they hook it up properly, should Circuit City refund me the install for my AVIC?? This VSS issue has been lingering since I bought my AVIC....

they pay out over 1.5 mil$ a month in damage claims on cars with second hand underqualified installers

Sad ain't it. Seems to be cheaper to pay out rather than train the installers they have. Oh wait they fired about 80% of the people that knew what they were doing. God I'm glad I got out.

Oh and I say they dump in 2 years at the most.

where are you getting the 1.8 mil? that seems a little extreme but i guess they do have alot of stores which means alot of fuckups.

over the past 3 months cc has fired all of there highest paid employees.

they offered them their jobs back for severly reduced pay! hoooray!

how long did u wurk for them cntry? where do u work now?