AVIC411.com

When will there be a new BT adapter?

Well, we have a Verizon LG8300 and 5300 in a Honda Pilot and Ford Edge with each vehicle containing a btb200 and D3 - no echoes. In the edge I can't even tell i'm on speakerphone. Both mics are near the drivers side A pillar. In the Pilot I seam a bit distant - problably due to the larger interior, but still no echoes.

My phones (motorolas and nokias) work flawlessly on the 790BT, not even close on the 980BT. I would give it a try if I were you, you will see that the 790 works very well

The 9800BT, BT1, and BTB100 all used the same bluetooth chipset thus they all sucked. The 7900BT, BTB200 are much improved.

What has changed on the chips? Was it only echo related? When I bought my Z1, I paired it with a Motorola E815. The echo was bad but autoconnect worked flawlessly. The same phone on the 980BT, same echo, no autoconnect. I got a new LG Chocolate and the results were exactly the same as with the E815. Instictively I thought the 980BT was bad because it wouldn't autoconnect so I called Pioneer to get some answers.

The guy I spoke with said that the ND-BT1's chip was different from the 980BT and that they know the latter's chip is inferior. When I asked if switching to the new 790BT would fix the problem, he said that they both had the same chip so it wouldn't make a difference. Assuming you know what you're talking about, apparently I was lied to by Pioneer (big surprise). I haven't tried a 790BT so I don't know if the supposed different chips will fix my autoconnect problem.