AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 DVD problems

New to site and need to get answers for the service guy.

Scenario - I bought this unit for wifey and had it professionally installed and he was somewhat familiar with these units. :?:

We are unable to access the DVD while driving down the road. The installer said he grounded it out with the parking brake already. So is there another step that needs to occur to resolve this issue?

She will not be the one watching the DVD as our son will be the one. I know there should be a way to bypass this safety feature. Some one referred me to this site.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Check out the Hacks/Mods Forum of this website. I have same unit as aftermarket product in new Toyota Highlander Hybrid. Dealer arranged for it when I bought SUV along with backup camera/sensors.

It is my understanding all brand in-dash units have the lockout as a safety plus many states have laws about video in front seat. There are a number of fixes and some shops may do them . I have several other things I dislike including the fact I always have night LCD because of a sensor tied into the headlights. Also to play the DVD/CD you have to take the navigation DVD out, which disables certain nav. functions.

I bought a bypass module off ebay but now need someone to wire it. If you do it wrong you "fry the unit" an maybe some car parts.

The lock out while in motion is the #1 grip about in-dash units. Any idiot ought to know not to watch a movie, or the map either when intense attention of the road is needed.... It is a major gripe of mine.

hope you get a fix