AVIC411.com

AVIC D2 Navigation Problem

Hey everyone I am new to this Forum and I have a question that I hope some one can please answer for me. I installed today an AVIC D2 in my car, I setup everything perfectly to my knowledge. When I started up the unit, I inserted the DVD-Rom disk for the east coast. It did some sort of installation, and then when it was finished, the map on my screen, had the arrow indicator positioned somewhere in New York. The problem is I live in Miami FL. I figured it was some sort of default setting that these systems have, but I have been working non-stop trying to get it to work in Miami but it won't. I got as far as changing the location to Miami using one of the options on the menu, but when I input a route, the unit doesn't seem to respond properly. The Arrow stays put in the location I manually selected, and I receive no voice guidance, or any sort of directions. Can some one please help me? I am very frustrated and I'm hoping some one here can help. Thanks

• 1 month later...