AVIC411.com

D3 randomally reseting and placeing me to NY.

Robm,

Can you send me your serial # or case # for your repair. The tech I spoke to never heard of the problem. Did they list what they replaced or performed with your service.

Thanks.

I wish I could send you the info, the installers sent everything back and they have the paperwork. Given that I'm still having problems with the unit, I'm tempted not to go back to them and what's more, they've probably thrown out the paperwork.

Sorry, I will ask them if they kept anything though.

I work as an installer over here in California at circuit city and this problem happens a lot with customers coming back. I was actually working with a customer today with this exact problem. Most likely whoever installed the unit did not connect the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) wire. This wire sends pulses to the unit to calculate how fast you are going, and if its not connected I thinks your not going anyplace. This is the most common fix when this problem arises. I actually called pioneer today asking them what the deal was but they couldn’t give me anything. “You must have a bad batch at your store†---yeah ok. If your experiencing this problem make sure that wire is connected. On most cars its pretty difficult to find and just a pain, hence installers skipping that step.

I have my VSS hooked up and it still happens once every couple months or so. I am way too lazy to reset my sound settings every time so the most simple fix seems to be going into modify current location screen and getting close to wherever you really are. Once you do that, the sats seems to auto-correct you to exactly where you are

No, thats not the problem. I connected my VSS, as well as most if not all on this thread that are now reporting this problem. This problem is just starting to service as the units are now about six months old. That tells me that there is something that eventually gos wrong with the unit at about this time.

Also, before I sent my unit off for replacement I discovered what I think is the problem. The sat signal strength would always drop out completely when the unit would reset to NY. Also, if I had the west coast disk in it would reset to LA. When this problem started getting worse I started monitoring the sat signal and it would drop out at about every five minutes or so. I think this indicates that something eventually goes wrong with the way the unit receives or processes the sat signals.

Itchy: I asked my dealer for the paperwork but he has "lost it" (ie: he threw it out).

My problem was much worse than yours though, I had the dreaded Mother's Maiden name lockout screen.

I am also going to be unplugging the VSS wire to determine if that is causing me problems as well (see drifting thread I posted in this forum).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Well I received my replacement unit on Tuesday. It took about three weeks to complete the process but I am glad I went with these guys. Their warranty cant be beat. My unit became defective after about 6 months and without any questions they told me to send it in and they would swap it out for a brand new unit. This is amazing service. Pioneer would have had me send it in and probably never find a problem and send it back to me unrepaired/replaced. I recommend anyone buying on the net look these guys up.