AVIC411.com

D3 randomally reseting and placeing me to NY.

Well, it finally looks like my D3 is starting to exhibit some serious issues. About four months ago while I was driving down the road, the screen went blank for a few seconds, then it reset by itself and would not show anything on the screen. I hit the reset button and all was good so I dismissed it. Well for the third time in less then 24 hours the same thing has happened but now it resets and the map places me in New York City. Last night I reset it again but today it did it again so it looks like Ill be sending it off for repair or replacement. Has anyone else seen this kind of problem with their units?

HEY!!! Now that Im in NY maybe PAISAN, CNTRY, or MISFIT, you guys could come over and take a look at it for me. Apparently, Im right in the middle of the city close to a police station. :lol:

Happens to me quite often - very disappointing. At first the only thing I knew of to get it to reset was to hit the reset button. I've recently discovered that if you select the "Modify Current Location" button and simply move your current location to somewhere else (doesn't have to be exactly where you are currently at - anywhere other than where it is stuck at) the unit will then correct itself after a short time.

• 3 weeks later...

Add me to the list of a reseting D3. Several times on a long trip it would reset the nav and place me in LA. I was in Iowa. Today again it placed me in LA, and the vehicle icon would not move. I checked the hardware settings and it all looked normal. I had to reset. I'll monitor it some more, but it looks like it'll be going in for repair.

Mine's one of the first builds. February I believe.

Sorry to hear this. I had the same problem for a while. I'd be driving along minding my own business in upstate CT or NY and all of a sudden I'd be smack in the middle of City Hall Park in NYC driving through City Hall. I got really fed up after 2 weeks of this and told the installers to fix it. Shortly after that, they reset it and it worked for 24 hours before going into the strange Mother's Maiden Name error.

I ended up sending it back to Pioneer and they fixed it. It doesn't do the NYC thing anymore. Sorry to say you might have to send it back.