AVIC411.com

Alright i have a 2003 chevy cavalier and the d3 is installed right with all the connections hooked up. i have an rca hooked up to the sub/non fading output and running that to a TA4501 MTX amp that is going to 2 Alpine Type-E 12 inch woofers at 4 ohms a piece. From the battery the power cable is hooked into my capacitor then to the amp. both the cap and amp are properly grounded to the chassis nice and tight. they both had the remote turn on hooked up and turn on when they are supposed to. when playing music just a tiny bit of sound comes out of the subs. does anyone know what's wrong if all the connections are hooked up as they are supposed to be?

are the speakers still moveing alot? if so then their out of phase switch the +/- on one speaker

if there not moving

try plugging the rcas into the rear output instead of sub. see if theres a diff

if not then youll need either another amp or another deck to check if the ouputs on the d3 are bad

i'm having the same problem here!!! the seperates in the doors and behind the rear seat scream, however i can bearly hear the subs! I have the bypass done also. I know the d3's have crappy output voltage but is there a processor to compensate? what option short of getting rid of my HU do i have?

FYI:

HU: d3

FS amp: jl e4300

FS: infinity 6820cs all the way around.

Sub stage: sundown saz 1500d

subs: 2 x idq 10's duel 4's.

Is the sub output turned on? Have you adjusted the gains on the sub amp? What on earth is a sundown saz 1500d?

i'm having the same problem here!!! the seperates in the doors and behind the rear seat scream, however i can bearly hear the subs! I have the bypass done also. I know the d3's have crappy output voltage but is there a processor to compensate? what option short of getting rid of my HU do i have?

FYI:

HU: d3

FS amp: jl e4300

FS: infinity 6820cs all the way around.

Sub stage: sundown saz 1500d

subs: 2 x idq 10's duel 4's.

Is the sub output turned on? Have you adjusted the gains on the sub amp? What on earth is a sundown saz 1500d?

yup and yup

thanks steve for the pix!

specs on the amp:

SPECIFICATIONS:

* 1500 x 1 watts @ 1 ohm

* 800 x 1 watts @ 2 ohms

* 400 x 1 watts @ 4 ohms

* 0.2v - 6v adjustable input sensitivity

* 10 Hz - 350 Hz Frequency Response

* >90 dB S/N Ratio

* 4-Way Protection Circuit (Thermal, Overload, Speaker Short, and Over Current)

* Linkable to another SAZ-1500D for up to 3000 watts @ 2 ohms

* 35 Hz - 300 Hz adjustable 24dB Low-Pass Crossover

* 10 Hz - 60 Hz adjustable 24dB Subsonic Filter

* 0 - 180 degree adjustable phase shift

* 0 - 18 dB adjustable bass boost with 45 Hz center frequency

* Wired Remote Control unit included

* 4x 40 Amp Internal Fuses

* 17" L x 9" W x 2" H

* $599 US Dollars - MSRP

* $749 Canadian Dollars - MSRP

Hmmm, never seen that one before. So did you confirm that the sub out is on in the menu? And the gains on the amp are turned up? With such a low preout voltage, most sub amp's gains will need to be adjusted from where they come out of the factory
yes

the sub pre-out is on and gain is turned up as well. I love the HU but this is killing me! I ran RCA from my jl amp (has preouts) and it seemed to be louder but still sound is very low.