AVIC411.com

AVH-P7500DVD + AVIC-80DVD - navigating the service menu?

Hey all, 1st post.

Have a P7500DVD - 80DVD setup, was working fine with CNDV-21 disc.

Over the weekend, I threw in a burned copy of the 50MT disc that a buddy of mine made for me. I think he screwed up on the burn b/c now I've got vertical bars showing up on screen when the display is showing the 80DVD. It will show the boot/splash screen, then vertical garbage.

I've done the search and know how to get to the service menu, but I can't enter the password by the method detailed on the site b/c no remote came with the 80DVD, and it doesn't have an IR port.

How do I get into the service menu to force a firmware re-write?

It's not possible. You need the remote to get into the service menu. I've been trying to find one on eBay for years, they go for top dollar. I have seen them go for over $100, too much for me.

I picked up another AVIC-9DVD that will come with the remote. I plan to capture the codes to where you can program them into a <$10 JP1 remote. If you don't know what a JP1 capable remote is, there is more info here.

It's not possible. You need the remote to get into the service menu. I've been trying to find one on eBay for years, they go for top dollar. I have seen them go for over $100, too much for me.

I picked up another AVIC-9DVD that will come with the remote. I plan to capture the codes to where you can program them into a <$10 JP1 remote. If you don't know what a JP1 capable remote is, there is more info here.

Kewl, let me know if you extract the codes, would love to have a <$10 option.

Looks like I can get a cxb9118 from Pioneer for $90, but that seems ridiculous.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...