AVIC411.com

reusing DVD -RW.....

I am curious if anyone has ever tried to reuse a DVD RW? And by reuse I mean burn some mp3's or WMA's on there and then later on erase them and burn some new ones on there.

I have tried this and it doesn't seem to work. Seems that once the disk is finalized, you cannot erase the files.

I am curious if anyone has ever tried to reuse a DVD RW? And by reuse I mean burn some mp3's or WMA's on there and then later on erase them and burn some new ones on there.

I have tried this and it doesn't seem to work. Seems that once the disk is finalized, you cannot erase the files.

I have done it all the time - works fine for me!

I've even re-used them for vids too!

I have done it all the time - works fine for me!

I've even re-used them for vids too!

Can I ask what burning program you use?

OK well I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. I have tried using a Verbatim CD-RW disk and still cannot erase the files. It's says that they are read only files which cannot be erased. I have tried erasing them using windows CD-RW erase wizard and tried using Nero. No luck! I burn the disk using nero. What method are you guys using to erase the disk. And how do you re-format it, I can't find that option?