AVIC411.com

ebay horror story

anyone interested in a z1? a buddy of mine was VERY! he called me one day and said he had found an avic z1 on ebay for 957 this was before the z2 bypass. i told him that at that price it was either used, refurbished, or stolen! of course he went for it and low and behold the unit shows up and...

the back casing (the strongest part of the unit) was cracked in like 3 places like it was rear supported and simply "yanked" out. i told him that it didnt look that bad so i test it on my bench. it powers up and i hit the eject button.. the face moves about 2 inches down then gets stuck. then i realize that part of the "slide" part of the faceplate is bent and partially broken.

i havnt tried to bend the face back into position but he finally got done with paypal. they siad he needs to get his money back from the seller, ya right. that guys long gone.

so anyways he asked me if i could sell it, so if any of yall are interested let me know

then again i might just put it on ebay like the original seller.

HE ACTUALLY WROTE IN THE DISCRIPTION "USED BUT IN GREAT CONDITION!"

last time i had trouble with a guy on ebay - i tried to leave negative feedback and ebay gave me the option of getting his info and settling it civil. ebay sent me an email with his adress and phone number.. i called the guy, and talked to his dad (because the guy was 15) and his dad took care of it for me..

yup. that' why I always use a CC. It saved me a few times. I learned my lesson hard way - losing $1000 on a phantom IVA-D300 flip out screen a couple years ago. Fortunately the guy ripped off so many people that the feds got to him, charged him, and I still get notices from the judicial system on his prison status.