AVIC411.com

Patched Z2 Reset Annoyance (STOCK DRIVE only)

How Often Does Your Patched Z2 Self Reboot?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How Often Does Your Patched Z2 Self Reboot?

• Never
    • Rarely (Monthly)
    • Sometimes (Weekly)
    • Frequent (Daily)

I posed this issue under the main Z2 patch thread, the response being this is normal system response to "excess vibration". Since I have applied the update I notice the system self reboot several times a week. This AM I finally confirmed it can happen with no vibration (vehicle motion) whatsoever. Approximately 3 minutes after car was started the system just rebooted before I started to drive.

I've heard from at least 1 other person that this seems to be a new issue since patch. Has anyone else noticed more frequent "self reboots" of their Z2 post patch? Perhaps this issue existed pre-patch as well, so if you experience frequent reboots please note if you are patched or not. It is plausible that the patch has introduced a glitch (memory leak, oversensitive vibration sensing, whatever) causing self reboots.

Would be nice to root this out. If there is a statistically small count of persons with this issue, I will open up and recheck all of my wiring - but I doubt it's my wiring.

Cheers

Yes, my unit is a February 2007 manufactured AVIC-Z2 with no physical modifications (including changing or unlocking of hard drive). Unit was installed by myself in June with no modifications (removal / wire changes) since installation or subsequent to patch. 2-wire bypass has been working flawlessly.