AVIC411.com

Does anyone have or know where I can find a CD that has a test track for all audio channels on my AVIC-D1. I have a bad feeling that my installer may have crossed some wires during the install and I want to be able to load a CD that will broadcast a tone or whatever on each individual audio channel to see if the thing is wired correctly. Thanks

Why not just move the balance and fader to each corner of the car?

That doesn't test the individual audio tracks. If the unit is not wired correctly you will still get sound out of each speaker but not necessarily the correct track from the original source format. I need a cd that will broadcast a test tone for each channel independently. ie: front left, front right, rear left, rear right, and sub woofer. Hopefully we have an audiophile out there that knows what I'm talking about and can steer me in the right direction. Thanks

What? Use the fade/balance. It does the same thing.

Set the fader to the front left speaker while playing some music. If it plays out of any other speaker, it's hooked up incorrectly. Do the same thing for the 3 other speakers. I don't see why you need a special CD when all you have to do is this.

What? Use the fade/balance. It does the same thing.

Set the fader to the front left speaker while playing some music. If it plays out of any other speaker, it's hooked up incorrectly. Do the same thing for the 3 other speakers. I don't see why you need a special CD when all you have to do is this.

Never mind. Wrong board to ask this question obviously.

one problem with what you're trying to do. Cds read by the avic are in 2 channel stereo. The avic then takes those 2 channels an replicates them for front and rear output. now if you're talking about crossover point's that's a completely different matter. And by the sound of your question, that's actually what you're looking for. Best and cheapest bet for something like that would be to find a program that can create .wavs at whatever frequency you're looking for. Then burn those wavs to a cd. My favorite program for that is Cool Edit Pro. Though I don't beleive it's made anymore.

I just fail to see how using a CD that plays a signal only to a certain channel is any different than using the fader to send the signal only to the same channel. The only thing that the CD method would diagnose that the fader method wouldn't would be if the signals somehow got swapped INSIDE the unit, which can't happen.

Or... I just could be misunderstanding what you're trying to do here.

Odds are you guys are misunderstanding each other. LF, RF, LR, and RR outputs don't exist on a standard audio cd or mp3 cd. Which are all a d1/2 can play. Using a tone cd to play test tones through the audio system to verify crossover points on the other hand is possible, and can be done quite easily. The only cavaet is test tones can very easily/quickly damage speakers if they're played for any length of time.