AVIC411.com

New 70 disks show buildings and roads?

This may have been true even with the older disks but now I notice that when I zoom in at 0.05miles or closer it shows the buildings!!! I couldn't believe. I'm sure this is old news but I thought it was really cool. I'm sure it only works in major metropolitan cities which Baltimore would fall under. Here are some pics: Sorry if this is a repost.

closeup.jpg

far-out.jpg

Jebbeze, get off MLK Blvd before you get mugged!

LOL doesn't matter which city you are in, where ever there is an MLK Blvd, there is crime! :)

On my drive from NYC to Philly this weekend, I noticed this worked only in Manhattan, and only in parts of Manhattan, not the entire island.

The new DVDs have better detail in some areas, but I have noticed that they dropped some detail in other areas. The small town Hockey Arenas in my area are no longer on my GPS, they are just blank spots. Using my old software they showed up as park land with a building on it.

But the city map is more detailed.

It would be great if they added details and never dropped any detail. I wouldn't mind using 3 DVDs.

The new DVDs have better detail in some areas, but I have noticed that they dropped some detail in other areas. The small town Hockey Arenas in my area are no longer on my GPS, they are just blank spots. Using my old software they showed up as park land with a building on it.

But the city map is more detailed.

It would be great if they added details and never dropped any detail. I wouldn't mind using 3 DVDs I agree. I wish the buildings were 3d. I also wish that it didn't show up 20ft behind where it should be.

• 2 weeks later...