AVIC411.com

Problem w/ XM and Z2

I just installed the BT adapter which works great and the XM Traffic (GEX-P10XMT). 20 min after I got it activated it worked great then about 2 hours later it just says updating all the time. The music plays fine (except for a handful of channels) but none of the traffic features are there. And when I restart the car my saved channels are gone and it's back on 001. Any songs I saved are gone too.

HELP! What do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: No need to read the rest. All is well. Fixed and working fine now.

Even though the channels change fine and the music works? Other than the Traffic and the deleting of the saved stations everything works. So that sounds like there is a problem with the Yellow wire??? Would it have anything to do with the fact that I didn't reset the XM box before I installed it?

it sound like the yellow wire is hooked up to switched power instead of constant +12 volts, that would explain the stations being reset (or not set). as far as the "updating" it could be the second din plug not being plugged in all the way or a bad unit (xm unit).....you can also try and have xm "refresh" the signal. hope this helps,

dave

You were right about the constant wire. I checked it and now it saves my stations. As far as the "updating" problem I called XM tech support and they said it is a bad unit. If it takes longer than 10 sec to update there is a problem. Well seeing as it has been updating for 24 hours I'm guessing it's a bad unit.

BONUS!!! Now circuit city (where I bought it) doesn't carry it anymore. Said it's discontinued. Well atleast the radio part works.

Thanks for the help anyway.

UPDATE. I Read in the Z2 manual that if it says updating then it is not receiving signals from either radio or traffic. Since the XM radio was working fine I called XM again and told them to resend the traffic signal to my unit and sure enough 3 min later all is well. Just incase anyone else comes across this same problem.