AVIC411.com

Help!! D3 w/external, stand-alone Sirus problem *RESOLVED*

I just switched from a D1 to a D3 and am having trouble getting my external, stand-alone Sirius receiver to work with the D3. I have it plugged in to the red & white RCA input plugs on the accessory harness. The D3 recognizes it and shows me SOMETHING is plugged into the AV-2 input but will not play anything through the system. If I go into the settings, it only allows me to select "Video" as the AV source.

My D1 allowed me to change the AV input source to either Video or Audio (The D3 only gives me a Video option, no Audio choice). Also something else weird about the D1 was it NEEDED to be on video for the Sirius to play through it. It wouldn't play when "Audio" was selected.

Thanks for any help...

If it were plugged into the AV1, wouldn't it allow me to push the AV1 button on the Source Menu? The AV1 button is "grayed" out. The AV2 button is the only other button, besides "Radio", that is opperable. I'll go out and give it a try real quick and report my findings.

Thanks for your reply

Well I figured it out... I went out there with the intention of making sure I was all plugged in correctly and while I had it apart, perform the "bypass".

So I get the dash all taken apart and pull the radio out. All connections look fine. Everything's where it's supposed to be. Tried changing the AV1 and AV2 setups and still nothing...

So I decided to come back to that later and start on the bypass. First thing I do is look for the yellow/black mute wire on the AV harness.... Can't find it... What gives???? So I think back to when I uninstalled the D1 and installed the D3. DOH!!!!!!! I remember when I opened the D3's box, the AV harness had some wires on it that the D1 harness didn't have...

I mixed up the harnesses when I did the uninstallation/installation.

So I swapped out the AV harnesses and BAM!, we've got Sirius!

Yes, Yes... I am a goober!

Thanks whtcrxghst, for your help.

-Chris

• 3 months later...

Hello all, This is my first post, Okay, I have just installed my d3 no more then 20 minutes ago. I am on the same boat, have my external sirus, shows my av 2 and all that stuff, EVERYTHING you mentioned about yours, I did not plug my yell and black mute wire into anything? so this is my problem? can you please explain, where that goes and if it will fix it, thanks guys

Are you plugging it into the A/V input on the front? Or the RCAs in the back?

Hello all, This is my first post, Okay, I have just installed my d3 no more then 20 minutes ago. I am on the same boat, have my external sirus, shows my av 2 and all that stuff, EVERYTHING you mentioned about yours, I did not plug my yell and black mute wire into anything? so this is my problem? can you please explain, where that goes and if it will fix it, thanks guys
  • 1 month later...