AVIC411.com

T-Mobile Dash & VSS

Hey everyone, I'm new to site but have found tons of great info so far.

Just had a z-1 installed yesterday and the only thing that they did not get done is hooking up the VSS wire. I have a 2006 Chrysler 300c.

On some of the car sites there were refences to a green/brown wire at the PCM. Aparently that is not for Hemi cars. They called Pioneer and were told that on the Hemi's there is a 2 wire harness coming off the side of the tranny...no such luck there either.

Anybody know where we should be looking?

Also, I have a T-mobile Dash phone. When trying to transfer the address book, it disconnects every time. Anybody had any luck with a Dash phone?

• 2 weeks later...

The bluetooth module will disconnect with any phone when transferring contacts. It does that to allow the connection to be used for data transfer. The link can't be used for both data and voice at the same time.

Once it disconnects you're ready to send the contacts from your phone, which will be a different process with each handset (either one at a time, or the entire directory).

If you have not updated the software on the dash, do it. The newest version is 1.22( download is available from tmobile website), make sure you take out the media(transflash) card when you upgrade or it will wipe out everything on it. Also, the update will wipe out anything that is stored on the phone. Any contacts, pics texts or mails saved on the device will be lost.

The update fixes some minor bugs and improves the user interface. From what I have read form others it has made backing up and transfer of info easier as well. Make sure to install Active synch from the disk that came with the phone.