AVIC411.com

Adding a CD/DVD changer to the D3...

I am curious if anyone knows if there is a Pioneer CD or DVD changer that is compatible with the D3? I have noticed that on the AV menu screen there is a tab called M-CD which apparently is for a multi CD player or CD changer. I have checked on the Pioneer web site for a changer but could not find one that is compatible for the D3. Does anyone know of any that are? I am considering getting one so that way I can leave the Navi DVD in all the time.

All Pioneer CD changers with a P in the model number are compatible with the D3. You are better off getting an ipod though, will hold more music

I do plan on getting an Ipod, however I would also like a CD or DVD changer as well. With the Ipod you can hold allot of music but then when you want to play something that isn't on there you have to download from your P.C. With the CD changer I can change various CD's when I want to hear different music. I carry my entire CD collection (100's) in my car so I would like to have something where I could play them with-out always having to remove the Navi DVD. But I do plan on getting an Ipod as well.

If you do insist on a changer, then yeah, all you need to look for is a P in the model number. If you carry around that many CDs, I can't stress enough that you really just want to get an ipod. It will take what seems like forever ripping your library, but once it is loaded onto the disk, you can have everything right there at a touch of a button. The D3 is the best interface I have seen for ipods, too.