AVIC411.com

Hey everyone. Just got my Z1 reinstalled into my new car (2007 GMC Yukon Denali) yesterday. I never upated software so I am still using Ducatiboys Bypass.

Question I have is this. The Nav is not working well, constantly throwing me off the road, keep resetting current location and that lasts for a few minutes then I wind up in the water again, etc.

Well checking out the connection status I realized that Speed Pulse is at 0.

No matter if I am using the bypass that Speed Pulse should go up as I am driving correct?

Will not having speed pulse hooked up cause the issue I described above?

Also, Installation position is coming up as, "Excessive Vibration."

Any ideas? I like to get the expert opinions before bringing it back to the shop....

Well checking out the connection status I realized that Speed Pulse is at 0.

No matter if I am using the bypass that Speed Pulse should go up as I am driving correct?

Yes, you are correct.... speed pulse should go up and down with your speed, they didn't hook it up or they hooked it to the wrong wire.

Will not having speed pulse hooked up cause the issue I described above?

Oh, that's a tough one. Generally I would say that it would not. I used mine for a few months without the VSS wire hooked up and it seemed fine to me. But your position might be "off". It might think you are 20 feet to your right or something and just locking you to the road if it can and every so often it's too far off to put you off the road.... maybe?

How is your signal strength? Many Sats? Is the antenna on the roof or on the dash? Could be a sat signal issue..... Maybe?

I know you have recalibrated your position, but find a well known intersection or land mark on the map, relocate your position and make sure it's right were you are supposed to be and try that again.... Maybe?

Not having the VSS hooked up shouldn't cause that, it's not helping accuracy, but it should not cause what you see by itself.

Also, Installation position is coming up as, "Excessive Vibration."

That could be causing something. I have never seen that. That's from the Avic shaking so violently that it's hard drive parks itself or some other internal sensor sees a lot of vibration and causes this error. I have mine installed in a Lincoln Aviator, not a Town Car, I would say it rides close to your Denali. It should not do that. Either they install isn't secure or there is a problem with the Avic... just a guess.

Any ideas? I like to get the expert opinions before bringing it back to the shop....

Oh, sorry, I didn't see this part... "expert opinion"? You will have to wait and see if someone else posts something, if you asked for a loser/hack's opinion, I'm your man! :)

HA HA hA. Hacker Loser.

The ant is on the dash but I have all of the sats lit up so I don't think it is that. What you said about having me a few feet off to the right is about the issue I am having.

Im gonna take it out and hook the speed pulse up and try to tighten the radio up a bit. They stuffed a lot of shit behind the radio so it is certainly possible that there is too much vibration.. Thinking about this a little more, a year ago, when it was originally installed in my Silverado, I had to take the radio out and hook up the VSS wire and tighten it... Oh well we either live and learn or live and forget. Hmm, I forget what I was trying to say.

Thanks for the input Ducati....And your bypass is still working great. Even though my bluetooth sucks, I doubt that the, "bluetooth upgrade" will improve the sound enough to justify doing away with the Ducatiboy bypass>>>

-Steve

Thanks for the input Ducati....And your bypass is still working great. Even though my bluetooth sucks, I doubt that the, "bluetooth upgrade" will improve the sound enough to justify doing away with the Ducatiboy bypass>>>

-Steve

Yah, whtcrxghst is right. You won't lose your bypass, just the one I made that you got from me.

If you do the bluetooth update, you can ground 2 wires and pull out my bypass circuit.... if you want to.

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

Sound on the bypass isn't any better but the people who call me claim they don't hear as much of an echo.

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting no speed pulse too, but the signal is fine. The VSS is hood up and I look at the setting and notice the speed of my car is very accurate on the Z1 and the speedometer. Oh and my 3D meter in setup is has not moved at all, but when I turn I notice the Z1 show angle change. My unit is set at center position.