AVIC411.com

Installed D3 on my M3, now my dashboard/sound goes crazy

It's been about 2 months since install, and now when I shift sometimes (I have SMG) my audio will cut out for like 3 seconds (Subwoofer still plays) and then comes back on. Then my dashboard will light up, my dynamic stability control light, etc... It only flashes for a quick second but does this random.

Also, sometimes the entire D3 unit will shut off and reset, causing the music to obviously cut out for 3 seconds while it restarts.

what the heck is going on? Thanks in advance.

It's a 2003 M3 with SMG. It will do thiis mainly when I shift gears, and sometimes it will just reset while i'm driving on the freeway. Right as I shift, the lights on the dash flash and then audio cuts out for 3 seconds while the sub remains playing.

I thought it was my ipod at first, but then same thing happened with the radio playing. Now I dunno what is going on. Is my ground connection loose?

I installed another type audio system in my 98 mitsu eclipse and I used those blade type connectors that you tap off the fuse clip for power. Well by doing that it caused my transmission to not shift at times, air condition not work,dash lights to work and not work, radio not play at times. I took it to the shop and they said I needed another fuse panel block, by using the blade connectors it caused the fuse clip to spread and make intermitted contacts. It cost about 100.00 to repair. that could be your problem if you used the same method for power. Just thought I would throw that in just in case the other options didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: Now my cabin lights (overhead and back lights) flash on and off while I'm driving. Feels like a night club in my car.

I left my car unattended for 30 min and my battery drained.

It's gotten to the point where I have to shove a dime in the light control button to keep it from flashing on.

Any thoughts/ideas? Its driving me nuts.