AVIC411.com

Will the gyro work after the bypass

The bypass has nothing to do with the gyro. Who told you bullshit like that?

Actually if the OP thought of this himself his reasoning is not difficult to understand. I mean, the gyro measures the vehicle's movement. One would imagine that Pioneer would have used such a device to determine whether in fact the vehicle is in motion. I was surprised that they did not, although this obviously creates for a much more simple bypass operation.

I think the word 'bypass' is pretty self-explainatory. It bypasses the safeguards (brake wire, gyro, etc.) that Pioneer needed to keep their lawyers happy in regards to video/nav functions in motion.

Indeed it is, but your original reply to the OP's question stated that the bypass had nothing to do with the gyro. If he had thought of that himself he surely didn't appreciate his thoughts being referred to as bullsh**. But now you seem to be stating that the bypass does have something to do with the gyro.

Obviously the bypass does not hinder the operation of the gyro. It can still measure and provide user feedback for the orientation of the vehicle. The gyro is not what is being used in this case to block access to certain features of your unit while the vehicle is in motion. Therefore if Pioneer really wanted these units to operate legally to every one of their customers, they would have been able to do this with the use of the gyro in a manner that could not be overridden. It had to do with laws, not the satisfaction of Pioneer's lawyers. ;-)

• 4 months later...
by doing the bypass i understand the dvd feature will work while driving...

BUT...will you be able to enter a new address/destination while driving to the nav??

Yes. Once unlocked, you can access EVERYTHING while moving, as though you're parked with the brake on.

And I know for a fact the gyro sensor still works after doing the bypass because hybrid learning mode still works and it is is impossible without the sensor.