AVIC411.com

BLuetooth and Multi Channel Processor conflict

Hi,

I have installed the bluetooth, avic-z1, & q8000 Multi-channel Processor with the controler. The problem is that when the Z1 is in the 5.1 sound mode the cell phone conversation no longer comes through my speakers. The people can still hear me, but I can't hear them. The Z1 also doesn't mute when a call comes in either! I called pioneer and they were no help. Has anyone else had this problem. Am I out of luck?

Thanks!
I believe you have to buy the guide speaker when you use the 5.1 processor. Pioneer sells a small speaker that plugs into the back of the HU. Look on page 9 of your install manual and you'll see the part number for it. I did a google search on it and it's an 8 ohm speaker so you should be able to buy any 8 ohm speaker with the size jack plug, 1/8th I believe.

Jay
[quote name="crease-guard"]I believe you have to buy the guide speaker when you use the 5.1 processor. Pioneer sells a small speaker that plugs into the back of the HU. Look on page 9 of your install manual and you'll see the part number for it. I did a google search on it and it's an 8 ohm speaker so you should be able to buy any 8 ohm speaker with the size jack plug, 1/8th I believe.

Jay[/quote]

That is correct. Your manual states that you lose those options when you are in 5.1 surround.