AVIC411.com

List of Apps & Weather Radar

Just got my 4000nex installed yesterday.  Have been playing quite a bit with all of the features, loaded splash screens, completed the 1.08 update, setup xm, etc...

I have all of the apps on my iphone that I THINK are available, but not sure...

so....

1.  Is there a place that I can access all of the apps ready for carplay?

2.  I'd love to have a weather app that would show a live radar on my screen.  Does it exist?  If so...what/how, etc...

Thanks!

Doug

There are only a few apps for CarPlay outside of the apple apps already on your phone. Go to apple website or google CarPlay apps or search app store with "carplay". Stitcher, rdio, and a couple of others are all there are. Only audio apps are available.

No video apps are available, like weather apps with radar.

The only way to get video is thru apple digital a/v adapter and use hdmi as input to mirror screen on iphone, or use AppRadio,

Iphone mirroring, is just that, nex will not control iphone, but will mirror the screen. Some things will show up horizontally without turning your phone, and some will require you to turn phone horizontal.

AppRadio requires you to also have smartphone setup set to digital adapter in nex input settings, where CarPlay has to be set as usb in smartphone setting.

You have to choose which you want, you cannot switch from CarPlay to hdmi without physically changing cables.

You have to choose which you want, you cannot switch from CarPlay to hdmi without physically changing cables.

Hmmm, reading some more on this forum and realizing my installer only gave me a USB cord - not an hdmi cord as well.  I'm guessing there is another port being unused on the back of the double din?

There are only a few apps for CarPlay outside of the apple apps already on your phone. Go to apple website or google CarPlay apps or search app store with "carplay". Stitcher, rdio, and a couple of others are all there are. Only audio apps are available.

The only way to get video is thru apple digital a/v adapter and use hdmi as input to mirror screen on iphone, or use AppRadio,

Right now I have:

AppRadio

EC Touch

Aha Radio

Rdio

Overcast

CBS Radio News

iHeartRadio

MLB At Bat

Stitcher

Beats Music

Inrix Traffic

iHeartAuto

those are all downloaded on my iphone 6 and have seen many of the icons appear on the unit, but have only opened a handful of them.  I certainly don't need 20 audio apps when i really use Pandora, Spotify, XM and the on board music already loaded on the phone.  

My Audi A6 has Google (not the car with the nex) and can pull weather live - very useful.  I also like the idea of mirroring the phone so now need to pull the unit back out and run an hdmi cord.   :(

There are many inputs on the back, hdmi, usb1 for iphone(or solid state drive, usb thumbnail drive) usb2 for Android or other, A/V(rca plugs), aux(3.5 mm to rca plugs), rear view camera rca plug. I ran cables to all and routed to glove compartment so I dont have to remove head unit with each additional hook up. Dont buy the pioneer hdmi, just get a quality hdmi cable.

There are many inputs on the back, hdmi, usb1 for iphone(or solid state drive, usb thumbnail drive) usb2 for Android or other, A/V(rca plugs), aux(3.5 mm to rca plugs), rear view camera rca plug. I ran cables to all and routed to glove compartment so I dont have to remove head unit with each additional hook up. Dont buy the pioneer hdmi, just get a quality hdmi cable.

Thanks for the help.  I never got to see the unit until it was installed but found an image of the back.  So - I need to pull it again to put the cords in place - glove box makes sense.  Is there anything else necessary other than the HDMI cord and the Lighting/HDMI adapter (which I already have) in order to mirror the iPhone 6?  Thanks again!  Appreciate the help as a newb to this.  I talked to the installer earlier this morning and he was about clueless!!!

• 2 months later...

Right now I have:

AppRadio

EC Touch

Aha Radio

Rdio

Overcast

CBS Radio News

iHeartRadio

MLB At Bat

Stitcher

Beats Music

Inrix Traffic

iHeartAuto

those are all downloaded on my iphone 6 and have seen many of the icons appear on the unit, but have only opened a handful of them.  I certainly don't need 20 audio apps when i really use Pandora, Spotify, XM and the on board music already loaded on the phone.  

My Audi A6 has Google (not the car with the nex) and can pull weather live - very useful.  I also like the idea of mirroring the phone so now need to pull the unit back out and run an hdmi cord.   :(

I have MLB at Bat, but I am not seeing it on my screen.  how do you get it on the screen to select?

how do you use AppRadio with an iPhone?  when I connect it goes to CarPlay  Is there a way to switch between the two?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Iphone mirroring, is just that, nex will not control iphone, but will mirror the screen. Some things will show up horizontally without turning your phone, and some will require you to turn phone horizontal.

AppRadio requires you to also have smartphone setup set to digital adapter in nex input settings, where CarPlay has to be set as usb in smartphone setting.

Iphone mirroring, is just that, nex will not control iphone, but will mirror the screen. Some things will show up horizontally without turning your phone, and some will require you to turn phone horizontal.AppRadio requires you to also have smartphone setup set to digital adapter in nex input settings, where CarPlay has to be set as usb in smartphone setting. You have to choose which you want, you cannot switch from CarPlay to hdmi without physically changing cables.