AVIC411.com

Nex 6000 Positioning is not possible Error !!!!

Are you saying the gps antenna was in you dash, on the head unit? If so, It cannot get a gps signal, the antenna should be routed and sitting on top of your dash, to get a clear signal from the satellites. I cannot see it ever getting a constant signal if it is in your dash and not on it. I would run it as close to the center front part of your windshield.

Previously the antena (somekind of squarry magnet with a cord) was directly sitting on the HU itself.  Since the HU casse is in metal, the antena was sticking to it.

I didn't like the idea so i moved the antena (the sqarry magnet thing with the cord)  somewhere close to the HU.. the top facing up ofcourse.  (but is still inside the dash)  i don't want to see the antena on the dash. 

So far the signal is pretty strong.  i'm not getting any lost signal.   I was told that cars like mercedes have a very thick dash therefore you can lose some signal... but on most japanese cars it is ok to leave the antena inside the dash as long the squarry thing is facing up and the magnet part facing down.

It is pretty cold outside right now like 8 Fahrenheit   (-13 celcius)   i'll take some pic when it gets warmer.

Glad to see you back in business, I am pretty sure the antenna on the head unit was problematic. the antenna should not be mounted on any sensor or anything that will interfere with the radio waves from the satellites to the antenna. Best place is on roof of auto, second  best is on dash or rear shelf, least is in a position that blocks or interferes with radio waves.  That being said, If it works, then that is the best place for your install. I have a Silverado 3/4 ton truck, and ran the thing where it sits on dash and wire runs between windshield and dash and just the little black box is seen, and since it is all black dash, it is barely noticeable, right beside the headlight light sensor that turns on and off the headlights. Signal is always at max.  

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, I bought the unit off ebay, came from the US and I'm in Canada. 

I called Pioneer they are asking for proof of purchase  :x , I'm so upset I dished out 550 for this unit and it failed in less than six months.

Any suggestions? my Antenna is installed on the dash, signals did come back once and than failed again. 

Also I can't hear anything Siri says, complete silence, can't hear the map directions or text messages. So frustrating.

• 1 month later...

I just had this happen for the first time this morning.  Install was 3 days ago.  GPS antenna is in an unused center speaker slot under the center dash.  It is relatively far from electrical interference.  Turning off/on the car fixed the issue.

Also, yesterday morning, the unit suddenly "forgot" the GPS menu settings I had previously configured... settings like "don't warn me when speeding."  I can't help but think these two incidents are somewhat related.  Anyone experience this too?

Incidentally, after pushing the first "OK" warning screen (immediately after starting the car), the waiting icon spins for about 10 seconds before anything happens.  Is this normal?