AVIC411.com

Avic Nex5000 or 940/9500 differences?

What are the main differences on these units, I have a 910 & 920 currently. Looking to buy a navi/Bluetooth for my fiancé this Christmas. I ordered the nex5000 from best buy as they matched amazon @$529. I couldn't buy a 950bt refurb for $399 or so. I know the acid x series has 12 million pois vs 7.9 on NEX.

Outputs don't matter, just looking for Pandora streaming and navi/Bluetooth. We currently have Samsung s3s, are both units compatible with s3s?

The NEX is a far better unit in all aspects.  I upgraded from an AVIC x920BT to a 6000NEX.  The new units respond much faster and the navigation system is way better.  I would spend the extra bucks and get something that is current.  It should work with any android phone 4.0 or better.

Hi!

Interesting topic! The upgrading an older AVIC X to a newer NEX unit.

This is what we are thinking of doing as well.

Our Subaru came from the factory with a x9310. While it has great sound the tiny little icons are difficult to operate as we drive. So the thought of the larger Carplay icons is appealing. However, the thought of having to re run the GPS cable, the iphone cable through the center console, re-wiring things in back is kind of daunting.

Are the connections the same on the back for an older AVIC and the newer Nex radios? Was it simply unconnecting plugs from the back of the old radio and then plugging them into the new unit?

Thanks