AVIC411.com

SD Card over 32 GB on NEX

I first purchased 64GB sdxc card, formatted to fat32 and filled with flac files. I used this for 2 months(daily) with no issues whatsoever. So I purchased 256 gb sdcard, formattec to Fat32 and filled with mp4 ripped dvds, and have had no issues.

I am aware, people have had corruption issues in the past, doing this, but the problem arrose when they were writing and rewriting on the card. My feeling is, fill it and leave it. Corruption usually is not caused by reading only.

Time will tell if this is a viable option.

Anyone else with longer term experience?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought a 128 gb sandisk sd card... Loaded it up with flacs... Got a unsupported sd card error. Tried formatting it still got the error. I stumbled on a page about using a sd card adapter in iPods that had a how to on getting extended capacity sd cards to work ... Had to delete patrtions etc... My 4100 reads it no problems

I purchased the pny 256 gb for my 4000nex, interesting you got it to work with fat32 file system. I tried fat32 and my 4000nex wouldn't read the card, so I formatted to NTFS and it worked fine. I think it came formatted as exfat and I think that might have worked, I dont really remember, I do know though that I formatted it to NTFS and it's been working that way for over a month now. At first it was organizing albums by the id3 track number tag thing (not the file name) but after adding some more albums all of a sudden everything is now alphabetical by the id3 track title tag. I tested this by changing the file names of the songs (im using almost all flac music) and the sorting did not change so I changed a few albums track names to 01 02 etc and now those ones are in order. I don't recall changing any settings.  Since we can't have playlists I resort to getting creative with the Genre id3 tagging and then just play a Genre.