AVIC411.com

6000NEX Auto EQ questions

Hi All,

Been playing with the auto time and auto EQ on the 6000 NEX.

I have a matched set of four Polk Audio 6x8 speakers in the doors of my 2014 Edge. Also have a 600 watt sub.

Consistently when EQ'ing and placing the mic on a tripod at head level on front seat the radio sets the front speakers to through and rear speakers to a LF cut of 120.

The other issue I am having is intermittent audio dropout at low levels from left front speaker. Wondering if there is a phase reversal in that speaker? I am going to pull head unit and door panel and recheck polarity but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks

Dave

If it's setting your front to through, I would have to assume you have a fairly good low-end frequency in front.

Even if you have closely the same response from rears, and assuming the sub(s) are in the rear*, it's probably setting an HPF level (instead of the equalizer**) to give a flatter response from rear.

*output volume of the sub(s) dissipate over distance.

**wider band filtering is preferred over multiple narrow band filtering.

• 2 weeks later...

The only changes that will not affect Auto EQ are user EQ and fader settings.  I haven't used the Auto EQ on my 8000, but on my earlier systems with Auto EQ, any other changesy (e.g. crossover frequencies, roll off rates, sub polarity, etc.) do not change Auto EQ but they do affect the spectral "balance" that Auto EQ attempts to achieve.  What it amounts to, Auto EQ is a "background" EQ and fader... meaning it is like a first stage EQ and fader, while user EQ and fader are second stage.  All other settings are single stage.

...but don't quote me on that :)