AVIC411.com

Tweeters

I have a question for the installers since you deal with speakers majority of your day. Between the Alpine and Mtx speakers, which produce the best highs? I looking for quality not volume. If there's a brand that's better then please let me know. Thank You !!

Well first I'm an old guy (51),I'm not up on the premium brand speakers. In the 70's if you had Jensen you were doing well. We couldn't afford Alpine and that was the best then. So if money was no object what price range should I strive for. Thanks again !!

as with most things automotive, the tweeters are just a small part of the whole mix. if you are truely going for an uncompromised sound, you really need to be looking into a really good component speaker package.

the alpine type x sounds really good, but i have the jl audio zr650csi in my bullitt mustang and would not put another speaker set in it's place. to me, they are so detailed and accurate i can't imagine anything else being much better.

Being a bit of an old school installer I like to keep all components the same brand.

I too like a clean sound but have no need for a loud system. In my Mustang I had the Mach 460 sound system. I removed everything and installed an AVIC D2, high quality speaker wire and Poineer speakers TS-C130R.

The system is perfect for me, clean, loud enough and simple.

I have a special place in my heart for Focal, having used 2 sets of the 3-way Utopia's for my front stage in my Denali, running off of 2 channels of a Zapco 4KW, which supplies 450 watts rms to each side. They have been running like that for 4 years, and have never even hiccupped. Truly amazing speakers. The Boston Acoustics Z6 separates in my wife's Civic also sounded great. (Until she traded in the car while I was out of town, and did not remove them. :cry: ) I also had the Focal K-series separates for my front stage in a CLK430, and was impressed with their performance, also.

post-1212-1287275304877_thumb.jpg

post-1212-12872753050549_thumb.jpg