AVIC411.com

Android music browsing on bluetooth

On pioneers website they state "When streaming music, NEX even let’s you browse and select the media stored on your smartphone using the AVRCP 1.4 profile, a first for a Pioneer in-dash receiver." Has anyone been able to browse music on the phone over bluetooth with an android phone? I can control the phone and see text and album art, but I cannot browse through my music. If you have gotten this to work, what phone and app are you using?

I think "browse" was a statement made in error by marketing.  We all know how marketing personnel nowadays tend to stretch or hide the truth... and this is just another case.  AVRCP is only for remote shuttle control (i.e. play pause next previous etc.)

Avrcp 1.4 allows file browsing, but hours of google searches haven't given me a definitive answer on what phones have 1.4 other than the iPhone.

I believe you are correct regarding newer versions of AVRCP.  However, Bluetooth Core Specification 4.2 does not officially support AVCRP 1.4.  Adopted versions of AVRCP are 1.0, 1.3, 1.5, and 1.6.

Source: https://www.bluetooth.org/en-us/specification/adopted-specifications

Installz1, 

Whatever music app is running on your phone when it connects via BT to your radio is what will be searchable.  

Google Music is not searchable via BT so make sure it's not running upon BT connection.  

I'm using Poweramp but there are others that'll work just as well. 

If you're having trouble getting it to work, try turning off your vehicle, reboot your phone, open the music app of your choice then restart your vehicle.  

• 3 months later...