AVIC411.com

AVIC7000 with iPhone 6+, what am I doing wrong with apps?

Hey folks, it's been a super long time since I've been on here. My D3 just kept on rebooting a lot, perhaps from the crappy mute wire to ground connection. 

Nevertheless I am enjoying the very updated graphics and what not. Though I've noticed one road has moved to where it was 10 years ago. So the map for that area has gone back in time. The 2012 maps for the D3 has it correct. 

My problem right now with the 7000 and iPhone 6+, is that non of my downloaded apps are showing up on the screen. --- INRIX Traffic, AppRadio or AppRadio Live. 

This image is what represents what I see on the 7000. Swiping left or right does nothing. 

Could this problem be because of the lack of AVICsync? 

Thank you,

KOT

AVIC-7000NEX_CarPlay_Home.jpg

What's showing is CarPlay and CarPlay compatible apps, if you want to see app radio apps you have to go into the nex settings and go to smartphone settings, change the setting to av adapter. You also have to have the Apple hdmi lighting adapter for them to show up and when you want Carplay you have to disconnect the adapter and go directly to usb with a lightning cable, then switch the smartphone settings back to usb

Well now, this is all rather interesting.

I tested this, closed all of my apps on my iPhone. Connected it to the 7000 via the USB to lighting cable to USB1. Turned on the car and went through the unlock for CarPlay and "agree" for the navigation. Pressed the mode button to listen to siriusxm.

Opened my iPhone and opened INRIX Traffic and all of sudden the navi came up. Since there's no traffic in my area, nothing was different. Is INRIX a suppose to work in the back ground or something?

Trying the other two apps by opening them up yielded no change.

I also noticed that the traffic settings the Online settings is greyed out after the firmware update. Before I was able to select it, not sure if it made a difference though.

KOT

iPhones suck KOT....just saying

So I guess you like Android. Good for you, but let's try to focus on the topic at hand and help the guy with his problem, not go off on our own personal biases. Lots of people think Android sucks too, but I'm not sure how that helps the OP at all.

hey Pjrm68....I know KOT from the Cadillac Owners forum. it was only a joke and he knows that. he will get a kick out of it and not take it personal, as you did.

Sorry, my bad. I'm on an iPhone forum where it seems like every other thread gets derailed by Android-vs-Apple stuff and nothing ever gets accomplished, so I assumed that was what was happening here. I'll think twice next time.