AVIC411.com

Navigation does not stop at destination

I have 2 AVIC-6000NEX units and neither of them stop navigation after I arrive to my destination. if I drive past the destination, it keeps tryinh to re-route me back to the point.

I have performed all three resets (with the pin, reset all and factory reset) with the same result, has anyone else seen the same behaviour? do I have two bad units? is there a way to fix this?

thanks in advance,

Sam

Haven't had this happen on my 8000, but then again I haven't used it to navigate anywhere yet.  Nav played a very, very small part of why I bought it.

That said, I have had other nav systems do what you are experiencing.  I think it's caused by a mismatch of address coordinates and actual GPS coordinates. Have not seen a setting of any sort to "fix" it.  It's especially annoying on mid-trip waypoints.  The only option I've found to get around it is to cancel the trip or go into trip waypoints and delete the waypoint.

Once you get to your destination, you've got to press the little "Checkered Flag" button on the display.  Then it asks you to confirm that you've reached your destination, which requires you to press a green bar that looks similar to the "Start Navigation" button.  THEN you're done.

It took me a while as well to figure out that driving to the destination wasn't enough.

When you physically arrive at your destination. Does your navi say "Arrived at destination."? If not, then it thinks that you haven't arrived there yet. 

For example, if you want to go to an international airport. There are many different entrances to get in there. The checkered flag maybe at one of them, or it maybe at the center of the airport's property. So you may physically entered at one of the entrances that did not have the flag. Thus the navi doesn't know that you've arrived. 

The same can be said if the flag was in the middle of the property. 

KOT

Once you get to your destination, you've got to press the little "Checkered Flag" button on the display.  Then it asks you to confirm that you've reached your destination, which requires you to press a green bar that looks similar to the "Start Navigation" button.  THEN you're done.

It took me a while as well to figure out that driving to the destination wasn't enough.

I had no idea that you could do that. It's very good to know!

Mine will usually stop navigating when I reach my destination, but it absolutely refuses to at the entrance to my kids' school. I've tried numerous methods to get the latter right - intersection, address, manually setting it via the map, all to no avail.

Once you get to your destination, you've got to press the little "Checkered Flag" button on the display.

In effect, the same as what I said about canceling the trip.

When you physically arrive at your destination. Does your navi say "Arrived at destination."? If not, then it thinks that you haven't arrived there yet. 

For example, if you want to go to an international airport. There are many different entrances to get in there. The checkered flag maybe at one of them, or it maybe at the center of the airport's property. So you may physically entered at one of the entrances that did not have the flag. Thus the navi doesn't know that you've arrived. 

The same can be said if the flag was in the middle of the property. 

KOT

And this is in essence the same as what I said about mismatch of coordinates.

Awesome, thanks, I didn't know that. I figured it would stop automatically when I arrived. it does say "Arrived at Destination" and I figured navigation would stop once it realized it arrived.

I talked to Pioneer and they didn't know that you had to stop it yourself, they also thought it would stop on it's own.

thanks a lot for your replies,

Sam

Awesome, thanks, I didn't know that. I figured it would stop automatically when I arrived. it does say "Arrived at Destination" and I figured navigation would stop once it realized it arrived.

I talked to Pioneer and they didn't know that you had to stop it yourself, they also thought it would stop on it's own.

thanks a lot for your replies,

Sam

They knew, because several of us contacted them last March and April when the units were first released