AVIC411.com

7000NEX vs 5000NEX - same size?

I bought a 5000NEX from Crutchfield for my 2012 Grand Cherokee and I am not pleased with the fit.  There is about a 1/4" gap between the bottom of the unit and the Jeep's trim.  I called Crutchfield and they basically said that it is what it is.

So my question:  is the 7000NEX the exact same physical dimensions as the 5000?  With the buttons on the bottom of the 7000, I am wondering if the fit will be better and the gap more hidden?

There are really only 3 manufacturers that make them:  Metra, Scoche, and American International.  The Metra ( the one I have ) and the Scoche are pretty much identical. 

i am going to try the American International, but don't have high hopes...

After looking at your pictures and the American Internation dash kit. 

http://www.amazon.com/The-Wholesale-House-Installation-Kit/dp/B00DYBLZ92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426555120&sr=8-1&keywords=American+International+CDK652+2011-2012+Dodge+Durango+and+Jeep+Grand+Cherokee+Installation+Kit

You are going to find the same issue with the gaps at the bottom. 

As for upgrading to the AVIC-7000, well there will still be a gap. However, with the protruding buttons you may not see the gap. Every single or double din radio shall have the same "face" dimensions, as they conform to the standard size. 

KOT

At least they make one that is actually reasonable. 

I have a 2006 Cadillac CTS and they only have two options for color. Since my center stack has the fake wood, it would look awful with either choice. 

This is actually mine with my Pioneer D-3.

100_1296.jpg

I had to cut a whole out of the factory radio. Many of us have done this and I am not finish with it. I want to clean it up so that there won't be so many unused buttons/knobs. But at least it still has the wood trim and the factory display for the outside temp and such.

KOT

• 1 month later...