AVIC411.com

does 8.3 brick the phone on Carplay?

So i have a theory (or maybe its more of a fear) that one of these updates is gonna brick the phone (make it just say "Carplay" and not be able to use the phone at all) when plugged in, and you will only be able to do what's available on the nav screen.  Can someone confirm for us that 8.3 does not do this?

no it does not.  I can still use my iPhone while plugged in and using carplay.  But if you are using maps and you pick up your phone go to say messages, your screen will change to the messaging screen.  If you go to the home screen or any other app thats not carplay on your phone, your screen on your NEX will go to the carplay home screen.

I have the NEX8000, and recently upgraded my phone to iOS 8.3.  Carplay works fine, and I can still run other apps (such as Waze) while music is still playing without any problems.  The messaging behavior is part of carpal - I've been seeing that since I've been using Carplay on my NEX8000.