AVIC411.com

8100 or 7100 NEX

I am shopping for a new HU.

I am torn between the 7100 or 8100 NEX. 

I am concerned over the glare on the screen of the 8100.

have people gotten good feedabck on any antiglare screen protectors? Do they work?

any other advantages of getting the 8100? the 7100 has all the touch features with the hacked app?

Please let me know?

I purchased the 8100NEX.  I wanted the capacitive screen with pinch to zoom and all that.   

Glare all depends on where your HU goes in the dash and the angle of your HU.  I have to say, I just had the 8100 installed last weekend.  In the past week of strong sun and all, i have had nearly zero glare.  I have an 08 Expedition, so the head unit does sit higher up on the dash and is angled upwards. I was extremely nervous about the glare, but i have had zero issues. 

What hacked app are you talking about?  The bypass to have all GPS and video functions work while in motion? All x100 models are the same I thought?  Just ground the p-brake wire, and tap and hold on the lower left part of the screen for 12 seconds.  (Unless there is something else you meant?)  I only want my unit bypassed to use the GPS as needed.  Why would I attempt to pull over to a shoulder on a highway in NYC traffic to use my GPS, then attempt to merge back in? Thats more unsafe.

The bypass to have all GPS and video functions work while in motion? All x100 models are the same I thought?  Just ground the p-brake wire, and tap and hold on the lower left part of the screen for 12 seconds.

You don't need to ground the parking brake wire, it can be connected "correctly". Bypass is just the screen press on the 8100, and probably all x100.