AVIC411.com

Bought Z2, Brand New or Refurbished?

Hi guys,

I bought a Z2 on ebay yesterday. It cost me $1420 including shipping. The auction says it is brand new and sealed in the box. The guy who sells it has been an ebay member since 2002 and has only 135 negative feedback out of 8145 total. He has 22 Z2's available. My concern is that Z2 is $1999 on crutchfield and on circuitcity. Why did it cost me $500 less? Can it be refurbished?

Thanks.

Humm, that is ~ %1.7 negative feedback. Not too bad but there are plenty of sellers with only double digit negative feedback with thousands of sales. Did you read the negative feedback that was left? How many neutral feedbacks were there and what did they say? Look for thing like "Part was refurbished" or "Part's condition was different then listed". How much negative and neutral feedback was in the last month or 6 months?

Oh and check what others were buying and their comments. The seller may have sold 8,000 $1 parts that are fine and 100 $2,000 parts that are bad. This is what I check before buying on eBay.

Just my $0.02

• 1 month later...

They can be had for even cheaper than that on eBay....

In regards to paypal...if the seller has over 50 (i think that is the policy) and 98% or better feedback, you as the buyer, is covered up to $2,000. If these are not met, you are out of luck....and only covered up to $200.

FYI...

i had a customer buy a unit on ebay. it was new and in original packaging, but the box had a sticker with a "B" at the end of the part number. as in B-stock, as in pioneer sold it as a b-stock item for less money because it had some defect when it was built.

Sure enough it had a dead output for the front right preout.

I'd be VERY careful buying from unauthorized sellers. "new" doesn't always mean it is the same thing you get when you spend the extra money!