AVIC411.com

Naviextras Toolbox not working... another way to get map update for 8100?

Just purchased 8100 and following the Pioneer documentation to update the map software using a USB drive with NaviExtras Toolbox.  Following all instructions to the letter... appropriate size drive, format FAT32 on computer, run SyncTool in USB1 on 8100, insert into computer and run NaviExtras Toolbox... always says "No Device Conneted".  I've tried this on two computers running Windows 7 and same situation.  This is very frustrating.

Any other way to get the map update info that would come from NaviExtras toolbox downloaded onto my USB drive?  Thanks.

Is there any chance a different USB drive would work?  Have other people found that a different USB drive works when another one does not?  What about USB 2 vs USB 3, is there any issue with one or the other being recognized by NaviExtras?  Most of these seem unlikely but since the software won't even see the USB drive, I'm just not sure what to do.